Full Professor of General and Social Pedagogy @ University of Milan-Bicocca
Member of the Scientific Committee (September 2017)
Susanna Mantovani is full professor of general and social pedagogy at the University of Milan-Bicocca, where she teaches Pedagogy and Cultures of Education and Pedagogy and School Organization.
Currently, she is Deputy Rector of the University of Milan-Bicocca (since 2007).
Professor Mantovani’s research interests concern early childhood education and care, adult-child relationships, peer relationships, child and family policies, home-school relationships, professional development, intercultural education, qualitative research methods.
- taught at the Free University in Berlin (1979-80 – early childhood education and care and developmental psychology)
- acted as consultant for the OCSE Early Childhood Project in 1976-79
- was Review Team member in the Project Starting Strong (2001-2003)
- was consultant for many international projects for the Bernard Van Leer Foundation (1977-1985)
- a member of the Board of Unicef Italia (2009-2011)
- was Director of the Italian Unit involved in the international ‘Children Crossing Borders’ project (Bernard Van Leer Foundation); (2012) Director of the Italian Unit involved in the SIRIUS-European Policy Network on the Education of Children and Young People with a Migrant Background (European Commission); (2012-2013)